Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Family Dinner...


I am almost embarrased to say this, but today we decided to have a family meal. We actually sat down at our table and the girls were so excited! Natalie kept saying "we are having a happy family". Mackenzie made the brownies all by herself (from a box of course, since I hate baking) and set the table for everyone. Josh was thrilled with the joy of making himself miserable eating too much! Mike and I enjoyed listening to our kids. How come we don't do this more? I cook most of the time we just don't sit at our table as a family! I am convinced that this is going to become a much more practiced routine in our home. I learned so much! What a great day. Now, I need a Sunday afternoon nap!

2 comments:

  1. that bench... did mike make that? i always wanted to do that at our house here. ran out of time or never got around to it. only 1 more night here & we are homeless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he did built the table! I love it and it comfortably sits 8 adults in our little breakfast nook! He builds then I have to do the staining or painting and I hate to paint but yet it seems I do it all the time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete