Monday, January 26, 2009

That was the promise....

We weren't even looking but the Lord had other plans for us. I met Mike almost ten years ago at Camp Meeting. Neither of us were looking for a relationship but, we had so much in common we developed a friendship that soon changed course. He had a killer smile and such a huge heart how could I not fall in love. I remember when he called me on the phone to see if it was ok for him to come visit and of course I said yes. When he arrived he handed me a CD. I asked him what it was and he told me he had written "ME" a song. I was overwhelmed, "ME"! The title of the song was The Rest of Forever! I was so proud to go to work the next day and share my song with my friends. As my friends listened to the song, they asked me "well, what did you say?" I was like say about what. I told him I loved it and couldn't believe he had written and produced a song just for me. They started laughing, he was asking me to marry him and I was CLUELESS! Well needless to say I was so embarrased that I didn't even bring it up when I saw him. He eventually asked me in person sitting by the pond at Haefer Park and I believe my answer was "YOU BET". I know, I am such a loser but I won that day!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...that was so sweet!!

    Not a loser (maybe a goober..lol...j/k)

    ReplyDelete